My parents are slacking. It has been a few days since they have made a post on my behalf, so I have been staring at them to get to it. If you had not seen me last Friday, you would swear my parents were making this whole story up. Other than my scar and my haircut, I look really good (see my picture from this afternoon as proof). Today I got dressed for the first time since my surgery - well okay it is just an Indiana collar, but I got dressed none-the-less and I decided to go down our flight of stairs to the lower level. My parents have blocked the stairs since last Monday with a box, but today I moved the box and went down stairs to visit the kitty litter box (We all have our chores and mine is to empty the cats' litter boxes).
Dr. Sullivan is a great surgeon because my scar is healing beautifully and the staples that my girlfriend, the soon-to-be Dr. Lisa put in, are still in place and I have not had to wear that silly e-collar. Iam feeling so good that the tall one had to yell at me this morning to stop howling at 6 am when the newspaper was delivered. That got their attention! I have been enjoying my time sleeping on the deck and when I beg for food I just keep telling them "remember I'm the miracle dog,"? I think they're on to me.
Today's lesson is: Sometimes we have hard decisions to make (surgery) and some easy decisions (litter box or no litter box). Some times you just have to trust your guts, even if they end up on the operating table.
4 comments:
Anything you can do to get the tall one (with the funny accent) to holler is recommended. Glad you are feeling better.
Is my fellow New Yorker making fun of the City gal? I'm crushed;-) There aren't too many of us in these parts. I'm a woman without a state. New Yorkers think I have a mid-west accent and mid-westerners think an East Coast "twang."
Dickens, you are one lucky dog. I know the U of I people are the best around in spite of some reservation from your Hoosier mom. I don't know your tall one- but I've always thought your curly-haired one was a really good person even if she is somewhat stubborn about the orange and blue (and even worse about boiler black and gold!)
Ah, Dickens, the kitty litter box. Snacking on kitty long johns with sprinkles like our friend Buddy used to! Not my thing, but I understand you canines like 'em. Glad you're feeling better guy!
Post a Comment