Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Finally Home

I finally got to go home last night. I think my family was shocked when they saw how good I looked compared to Sunday. Lisa and Dr. Sullivan (my surgeon) gave me my walking papers and said I was a miracle dog. They couldn’t believe the guy who came in on Friday night was the same one walking out the door Monday.

My first night home was a bit rough. I had to get up to pee every 2 hours. I then would pace for 15-20 minutes, and finally try to get comfortable. I had to have frozen peas put on my stitches every 4 hours. That was pretty pleasant. Give it a try sometime. Cold veggies on a warm belly that is exceptionally sore is rarely a good idea. I balked at that process every time!

Thank you to everyone who has sent good wishes. Many people have checked in to make sure I am doing well. That leads me to my first lesson – tell those you care about how you feel before it is too late. I think my parents realize this. They have been babying me a lot. I get lots of pets and extra cookies. They need to continue to share the love. I have asked for a steak, but they haven’t produced yet. I will keep working on that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixster,

Cold veggies really make me feel good too. I just want to tell you how much you mean to me...my little furry neighbor. You are the best. So there...I've said it..now I have to go out and bark.

kodi

Nancy Woods said...

Dickens,

I sure that your family loves you as much as Hannabelle's family loved her. So just know that you are loved much!

Rock on, puppy dog!

Hannabelle's mom

Unknown said...

Hi Dickens,

I'm sending you a big pat on the head from Boston, MA! I'm glad you're doing better and on the mend (the peas sound oh so nice). Dr. Sullivan (your surgeon and my best friend) has told me what a trooper you have been through all of this. We wish you the best...tell your tall ones that we're thinking of them too!