Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gifts

I had a great night's sleep last evening! My parents were ecstatic, as the curly one only had to get up one time. The tall one slept all night, so she was less grumpy! Tall momma's been mushier than usual. We have always had our morning routines. She makes her coffee, feeds the old cats, and I try to eat the cat food. Mom then takes her shower and I sit outside the door and guard her. Maggie told me that tall mom has not been herself since I got sick. This morning, I thought I would give her a surprise. Once she got into the shower, I decided to go and lie on the floor right next to the shower. A few minutes later, she gets out of the shower and her eyes were leaking (You humans call it crying). She kept saying "thank you for such a wonderful surprise." She's such a freak. I wish she would just stop trying to put peas on my plow.

Here's the lesson I learned today: Never underestimate the gift of another day.

1 comment:

LFinkDVM said...

Dickens,
I am so glad you are feeling better. You are a very special dog and your owners are very special people.
Keep me posted on how you are feeling because I am thinking of you!

Lisa (your favorite vet student)