
Here are my final words of wisdom…things do change quickly, so take advantage of whatever time you have.
Up until Wednesday I was feeling great. Then I started feeling a bit sluggish. I saw many of my friends over the weekend & I got to spend the night with Kathy, whom I have a big crush on! Little did they know that they were saying good bye to me.
Last night I started to feel like I did when I got sick back in September. My belly started to get big…the doctors like to call it distended, but it just made me look fat! I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn’t get comfortable. I slept in the hallway the rest of the night with my entire family beside me and telling me what a good dog I had been. We all knew what was coming.
When morning came we called Dr. Bleem & he wanted to see me immediately. He took one look at me & knew that the cancer had spread, and it was time to go. Dr. Bleem gave me my last shot and told me to “go play”.
While I didn’t expect to make an exit so soon, I had a good life and a man knows when it is time to go. I hope you all have enjoyed tracking my progress and I thank all of those who cared for me – friends, family, and the medical staff who have become my family as well. Don’t forget all my words of wisdom. Maybe the most important ones are “go play”.
1 comment:
Exiting can be quite difficult...you sir did so with class and spirit. We feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet you (and slip you some turkey). Your memory will persist well beyond the hair you shed. Play well mister, play well. You did you job well.
Love and sympathy, Sue x 2 and crew
Post a Comment