Friday, November 14, 2008

Chemo Round 2


I didn’t realize I was such a popular guy. A few of you have commented that I haven’t kept up on my blog. .. you just can’t hire good help anymore. The news is good so far. I had my second chemo treatment last Friday. They changed my chemo because I got so sick after the first round. This time Dr. S. gave me a pill rather than an IV. They didn’t do an ultra sound so I got to keep what little hair I have on my under carriage. That is good since it is getting cold in these parts! Dr. S. did do a chest x-ray and I am glad to say I fooled Dr. S. and tall momma. Nothing showed up on my chest x-ray so the cancer has not reached my chest….yet.

I am feeling good and didn’t get sick at all from the chemo. I have to go in tomorrow to see Dr. Bernie to get a CBC done. Not sure what they are looking for, but I test well :)

I have been very mischievous these past few days. Tall momma likes to have her English muffin each morning. She usually eats one and puts the second on the counter waiting to cook it. Yesterday she came in thinking she forgot to put the other one out. You know where this is going…today she caught me licking my chops as I tried to trick her again! It didn’t take her long to realize she wasn’t crazy & that I got on the counter and ate the muffin. You would think that she would at least put peanut butter on it since I am a dying man!

I am including a new picture of me that my Aunt Johanna took. My parents bought me a Christmas collar & are making me wear it early… those two never do anything early – especially shopping. Since this will most likely be my last Christmas, they think that I should get a lot of use out of it. I think Tall momma said something about if I eat her muffin again, I won’t even see this Christmas!

Here’s what I have learned in the last couple of weeks… never think that one bark doesn’t matter – oh wait that was one vote…. Our Senator from Illinois is our new President-Elect; I lived to see history in the making. Now, all I have to do is work on him to have a mutt in the White House. So what if Malia is allergic. I am more than willing to give the President Elect a brindled colored daschund named Maggie :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Lookit, Pres Elect Obama won't take Maggie because she is too noisy.