Monday, October 20, 2008

A Rough Evening

Last night was pretty rough. The side effects of the chemo kicked in hard. I did get wet food for dinner, but come 9:00 p.m. I was sick as a dog…now I know where that phrase comes from! I was up all night long. After a conversation with the U of I Oncology department I spent the day with Dr. Bleem. He stopped the vomiting and pumped me full of fluids. I feel much better than I did yesterday though food still isn’t looking very good. My parents tried to feed me a couple of different types of wet food, but I wasn’t interested. They got me to eat a little bit of cat food, but that is it. I am a sucker for cat food.

Dr. Bleem gave me some medication to take and I usually take it with peanut butter. I didn’t want the Jiffy, even if it was crunchy…now that is serious! Once I refused the peanut butter covered pills, curly momma made me a chicken breast. Now we’re talkin’! I have them right where I want them. They may have PhD’s, but it looks like I am the smartest one in this house! I ate the chicken and took all my pills. I have been sleeping like a baby & keeping all my food down.

I have been quite popular tonight. The Oncologist called to check on me as did Cheryl, the U of I Vet Clinic social worker. I think my floppy ear has charmed a few people!

No comments: